48 posts tagged video games
Inspired by Grunty from Banjo Kazooie
I put a night club spin on Grunty’s witch-like ensemble, adding pops of color against a black backdrop.
Style Tip: Combine neon colors in small portions with a monochromatic outfit for a look that’s edgy, modern, and fun.
2. This black dress features some sheer panels, giving it a sexy, modern look. // Dress: Topshop - Suzie Dress, $90
3. This neon patent clutch adds a similar green to Grunty’s skin color. // Bag: Forever 21 - Quilted Pantent Crossbody, $20
4. Mimicking Grunty’s bright scarf, these hot pink shoes actually compliment the neon green and add a playful mood to the outfit. // Shoes: Heels - Veda Soul Pink Lisa, $60
Inspired by the Vault 101 Jumpsuit from Fallout 3
This is a remake of an older C2C outfit. I wanted to bring in different accessories and make this outfit a little more accessible to everyone since yellow can be an intimidating color to wear.
Style Tip: Tone down a pop of color by pairing it with lots of neutrals and textures. In this case, the denim dress actually becomes a neutral when paired with the yellow bag.
1. The best way to convey the jumpsuit, besides actually wearing one, is to rock a dress. This denim summer dress brings that retro flair that Fallout is known for. // Dress: Boohoo - Emma Denim Button Front Skater Dress, $50
2. I chose retro, yet industrial, looking accessories for this outfit to really drive home the culture of the vault. // Earrings: Boticca - Double Winding Wheel Earrings, $159 / Bracelet: Lucky Brand - Tribal Hinge Cuff, $100 / Belt: Nordstrom - Fossil Macrame Stretch Belt, $40
3. This ladylike purse adds a pop of yellow to the outfit, replicating the jumpsuit’s golden accents. // Purse: Modcloth - Juice Run Bag, $189
4. Classic wedges bring this outfit into modern day and are a comfortable alternative to flats or heels for the summer. // Wedges: Couture Candy - Stella Wedges, $88
Inspired by Tom Nook from Animal Crossing
I wanted to capture the quirkiness of Animal Crossing in this outfit so I layered unconventional pieces, but in neutral colors. This outfit is perfect for weekends or a casual hangout.
Style Tip: Ground quirky prints with neutral layers for a look that’s unique and put together.
1. I found this adorable raccoon printed tee that reminded me of Tom since he’s a raccoon! I chose a denim shirt to layer over it to bring in some blue to the outfit like Tom’s apron. // Top: Monki - Katy Tee, $14 / Button Up: Mango - Tencel Denim Shirt, $50 / Shorts: Uniqlo - Women’s Chino Shorts, $20
2. These leaf earrings remind me of the art style of the game and the constant references to nature. // Earrings: ModCloth - I Be-Leaf So, $10
3. This wood watch adds a sense of whimsy to the outfit and brings in a neutral palette. // Watch: Betsey Johnson - Brown Polish Watch, $135 / Belt: Dorothy Perkins - Tan Moon Buckle Belt, $10 / Bag: Asos - Aldo Bendix Cross Body Bag, $58
4. I found leopard print boat shoes as a nod to some of the more quirky neighbors you come across in Animal Crossing. // Shoes: Sperry Top Slider Angelfish Shoe, $40
My friend Virginia put together this beautiful Maya inspired makeup look from Borderlands 2.
Inspired by Tetris
Top: Outnet - T by Alexander Wang, $36 / Shorts: Madewell - Tico Shorts in Geometric Prints, $86 / Shoes: Charlotte Russe - Color Block Peep-toe, $18 / Bag: Asos - Cambridge Satchel, $204 / Bracelets: Oasis - Mini Square Smartie Bracelet, $16 / Earrings: Kate Spade - New York Small Studs, $39
Inspired by Navi from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Dress: Miss Selfridge - Lace Insert Panel Dress, $68 / Shoes: Boohoo - Amara Baby Blue Suedette Lace Up Boots, $70 / Purse: Handpicked - Ivory Structured Bag, $54 / Necklace: J. Crew - Pearl Twisted Hammock Necklace, $98 / Bracelet: Accessorize - Pearl and Crystal Stretch Bracelet, $23
Inspired by Fenris from Dragon Age 2
Dress: Jeans West - Snake Print Dress, $60 / Jacket: Villa - Bevin Blazer, $57 / Tights: ModCloth - High Dramaturge Tights, $12 / Shoes: Abel Munoz - Alessandra, $325 / Clutch: Rare London - Brushed Suedette Contrast Clutch, $22 / Watch: Shopbob - Michael Kors Silver Slim Runway Watch, $160 / Earrings: Catalogue Favorites - Butterfly Hoop Earrings, $35
Inspired by Lara Croft from Tomb Raider Reborn
Top: Joie - Ira Top, $68 / Pants: H&M - Ankle Length Trousers, $39 / Sandals: Couture Candy - Dakota Sandal, $130 / Purse: Zalando - Cross Body Bag, $86 / Necklace: Forever 21 - Graduated Arrow Necklace, $6.80 / Bracelet: Zappos - Guess Wood Stretch Bracelet, $30 / Phone Case: Stella & Dot - Decorative Red Ikat Print Case, $29
Inspired by Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite
I couldn’t choose which style to do, so I did both!
Modern Vintage: Top: Dorothy Perkins - Laser Cut Flowers Top, $58 / Skirt: Zalando - Mini Skirt, $45 / Shoes: Boohoo Mia Nude Suedette Wedges, $50 / Bracelet: Oasis - Flower Stretch Bracelet, $22 / Necklace: Amazon - Crystal Studded Cameo, $12
Classic Preppy: Top: Tilly’s - Full Tilt Tie Front Top, $28 / Zalando - Pleated Skirt, $220 / Shopbop - Michael Kors Odell Ballet Flat, $185 / Ebay - Stainless Steel Heart Key Pendant, $25 / Nelly - Bird Bracelet, $20
The Umbrella Files: Fashion Inspired by Resident Evil
Inspired by Connor from Assassin’s Creed III, based on Jessica Nigri’s cosplay
Top: Blue Tie Blouse, $27/ Tank: Aerie - Racerback Tank, $20/ Jeans: Miss Selfridge - Distressed Jeans, $60/ Boots: Amazon - Lace up Boots, $35/ Belt: Uniqlo - Vintage belt, $20/ Necklace: The Trend Boutique - Wildfox Couture Crossed Swords Necklace, $50/ Bangles: Republic - Soul Cal Aztec Bangles, $12/ Phone Case: Amazon - Retro Vintage American Flag Case, $5
Inspired by Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, in the style of Bethany Maddock’s Cosplay
Top: Forever New - Sammie Studded Shirt, $50/ Bustier: Nelly - Club L Sequin Bralet, $35/ Pants: Fashion Union - Black Disco Pants, $40/ Shoes: Boohoo - Rochelle Studded Boots, $60/ Clutch: Shoebox - Ellie Clutch, $100/ Bracelet: Asos - Skull and Spike Bracelet, $14/ Earrings: Asos - Gogo Phillip Chain Earrings, $34
One Trend, Four Ways: Faux Fur
Mario: Cardigan: A Wear - Multi Faux Fur Collar Cardigan, $65
Inspired by Annie from League of Legends
Cardigan: Amazon - Women’s Long Sleeve Cardigan, $30 / Dress: Target - Mossimo Sleeveless Dress, $50 / Necklace: Dorothy Perkins - Gold Chain Collar Necklace, $28 / Rings: Betsey Johnson - Gummy Bear 2 Finger Ring, $65 / Bangles: Kirna Zabete - Bear Trap Bangle, $490 / Boots: Charlotte Russe - Triple Buckle Knee-High Boot, $35 / Purse: Forever 21 - Spiked Heart Minaudiere, $28
Outfit inspired by Garrus Vakarian from the Mass Effect series
Splurge: Top: 3.1 Phillip Lim Slouchy V Neck Pullover, $280/ Pants: Helmut Lang Skinny Leather Pants, $450/ Boots: Steve Madden Troopa Boots, $100/ Bag: Chloe Paraty Medium Leather Bag, $1755/ Earrings: Fallen Angel Wing Studs, $16/ Glasses: Ray Ban Wayfarer Glasses, $190 / TOTAL: $2,791
Save: Top: Dorothy Perkins - Bow Top, $30 / Pants: Mango - Faux Leather Panel Leggings, $44 / Boots: Amazon - Military Boots, $32 / Bag: Asos - Satchel Bag, $48 / Earrings: Alex & Chloe - Fallen Angel Earrings, $23 / Glasses: H&M - Glasses, $10/ TOTAL: $187