16 posts tagged bioshock
The Trend: The Choker
The bird or the cage? As Elizabeth demonstrates, the choker is not just a flattering piece of jewellery but an opportunity to make a statement. Here are four bold takes on this trend:
1. The classic choker: ASOS - Cameo Choker Necklace, $15.05
2. The cute choker: Topshop - Engraved Rose Choker, $20
3. The daring choker: Forever 21 - Retro Woven Chain Choker, $8.80
4. The smart choker: Mango - Snake Chain Choker, $39.99
Trend Tip: For a sweet, layered look like Kairi’s, try wearing a simple choker with one or two fine chain pendants.
Posted by Jenny
Community Outfit Inspired by Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
Paige emailed me this stylish outfit inspired by Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I love how she incorporated the iconic scissor reference from the game, as well as a subtle bird print as a nod to Songbird. You can check out her full outfit post here!
Console to Closet Holiday Gift Guide: Under $50
Here are C2C’s most recommended holiday gifts for under $50:
- Pokemon X/Y - Amazon, $35
- League of Legends Rammus Plush Toy - J!nx, $40
- Uncharted Nathan Drake Vinyl Figure - Entertainment Earth, $50
- Super Mario Bros. Paperweight Set - Entertainment Earth, $45
- Bioshock Infinite Battleship Bay Pullover - Irrational Games Store, $29
- Sisters of Artemis Yoga Pants - Tomb Raider Store, $30
- New California Republic Raglan - Bethesda Store, $26
- FPS Collection Eyeshadows - Espionage Cosmetics, $28
- Sonic Speed Leggings - Insert Coin Clothing, $42
- Last of Us Ellie Vest - Insert Coin Clothing, $31
Inspired by Rapture from Bioshock
I really wanted to capture Rapture’s art deco design so I chose accessories and jewelry with a vintage look. Paired with a turquoise dress, this outfit brings together the retro pieces with an underwater twist.
Dress: Madewell - Shirred Silk Dress, $150 / Earrings: / Necklace: Forever 21 - Art Deco Bib, $8.80 / Purse: Macy’s - Sasha Handbag, $26 / Bracelet: Sole Society - Deco Stone Bracelet, $30 / Shoes: Oasis - Gem Flower Ballet Flats, $56
Inspired by Booker Dewitt from Bioshock: Infinite
I wanted to put together a work-ready outfit inspired by Booker to really draw upon the layers and vintage feeling of Booker’s outfit.
Style Tip: Oxfords are an interesting shoe for women. They’re similar to flats, but still need to worn with either low socks or tights. I didn’t include either of those in this outfit because I think either would look great, it’s up to your personal preference for comfort.
1. I wanted to replicate Booker’s layers, but in a feminine way. I chose a lace tank top paired with a longer cardigan instead of a vest. // Top: Tilly’s - Full Tilt Lace Zip Corset, $18 / Cardigan: Les Pommettes - Basic Cardigan, $75
2. I incorporated red through dark red leather accessories, also creating a more rugged look. I also chose red rose earrings as a nod to Columbia. // Purse: Asos - Leather Across Body Bag, $77 / Bracelet: ShopBop - Gorjana Sadie Triple Wrap Bracelet, $50 / Earrings: Brooks Brothers - Rose Stud Earrings, $30
3. I wanted to incorporate some masculine pieces into the outfit to bring that Booker feeling to life, so I chose a plaid suit pencil skirt and brown oxfords. // Skirt: House of Fraser - Jolie Moi Bow Detailed Skirt, $30 / Shoes: Macy’s - Davie Oxford, $80