14 posts tagged bioshock
Console to Closet Holiday Gift Guide: Under $50
Here are C2C’s most recommended holiday gifts for under $50:
- Pokemon X/Y - Amazon, $35
- League of Legends Rammus Plush Toy - J!nx, $40
- Uncharted Nathan Drake Vinyl Figure - Entertainment Earth, $50
- Super Mario Bros. Paperweight Set - Entertainment Earth, $45
- Bioshock Infinite Battleship Bay Pullover - Irrational Games Store, $29
- Sisters of Artemis Yoga Pants - Tomb Raider Store, $30
- New California Republic Raglan - Bethesda Store, $26
- FPS Collection Eyeshadows - Espionage Cosmetics, $28
- Sonic Speed Leggings - Insert Coin Clothing, $42
- Last of Us Ellie Vest - Insert Coin Clothing, $31
Inspired by Rapture from Bioshock
I really wanted to capture Rapture’s art deco design so I chose accessories and jewelry with a vintage look. Paired with a turquoise dress, this outfit brings together the retro pieces with an underwater twist.
Dress: Madewell - Shirred Silk Dress, $150 / Earrings: / Necklace: Forever 21 - Art Deco Bib, $8.80 / Purse: Macy’s - Sasha Handbag, $26 / Bracelet: Sole Society - Deco Stone Bracelet, $30 / Shoes: Oasis - Gem Flower Ballet Flats, $56
Inspired by Booker Dewitt from Bioshock: Infinite
I wanted to put together a work-ready outfit inspired by Booker to really draw upon the layers and vintage feeling of Booker’s outfit.
Style Tip: Oxfords are an interesting shoe for women. They’re similar to flats, but still need to worn with either low socks or tights. I didn’t include either of those in this outfit because I think either would look great, it’s up to your personal preference for comfort.
1. I wanted to replicate Booker’s layers, but in a feminine way. I chose a lace tank top paired with a longer cardigan instead of a vest. // Top: Tilly’s - Full Tilt Lace Zip Corset, $18 / Cardigan: Les Pommettes - Basic Cardigan, $75
2. I incorporated red through dark red leather accessories, also creating a more rugged look. I also chose red rose earrings as a nod to Columbia. // Purse: Asos - Leather Across Body Bag, $77 / Bracelet: ShopBop - Gorjana Sadie Triple Wrap Bracelet, $50 / Earrings: Brooks Brothers - Rose Stud Earrings, $30
3. I wanted to incorporate some masculine pieces into the outfit to bring that Booker feeling to life, so I chose a plaid suit pencil skirt and brown oxfords. // Skirt: House of Fraser - Jolie Moi Bow Detailed Skirt, $30 / Shoes: Macy’s - Davie Oxford, $80
Amanda’s Birthday Week: Vintage Outfits
It’s my birthday on Wednesday so I thought I’d put together some of my fav C2C outfits of all time throughout the week.
I’m a huge fan of vintage styled pieces, so these outfits really stand out to me personally as some of my absolute favorites.
Creeper (Minecraft): I was so surprised how well a vintage look went with the pixelated elements of the Creeper.
Little Sister (Bioshock): Obviously, I had to make this outfit retro and I think the nautical jewelry really pulls the whole thing together. Without knowing who Little Sisters are, this outfit just looks sweet and innocent, but once you know, it takes on this creepy effect.
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider): Keeping Meagan Marie’s cosplay in mind, I wanted to bring vintage Victorian elements into the outfit. I was really pleased with how this one came out and it’s something I would wear in a heart beat.
Splicer (Bioshock): Another obvious retro garment, I really love the color palette in this one. Mustard is such an underrated color and it’s actually really flattering on almost all skin types
I’ll be posting more of my fav C2C outfits this week for my birthday, but in the meantime, please take a second to vote for my vlog. Get ready for the guilt trip: it would be the best Birthday present ever to join the Geek & Sundry channel.
Inspired by Columbia from Bioshock Infinite
Now this outfit isn’t inspired by a character, but actually the setting of Bioshock Infinite because I thought it would be perfect for a Fourth of July outfit. Combining patriotic pieces with elegant silhouettes elevates this outfit above your typical BBQ attire.
Style Tip: Wearing such patriotic colors can be difficult when it’s not the fourth of July, but this outfit can translate to everyday attire. Swap the American flag purse out for a light brown leather cross-body bag for a look that’s a little less red, white, and blue.
1. Taking some iconic images from Bioshock Infinite, this key necklace brings in elements of the game while looking fantastic. // Necklace: Hot Topic - Steampunk Key Necklace, $13
2. I chose this dress because the silhouette reminds me of the statues found in Columbia. It’s got this classic elegance about it and the hi-low skirt is very popular for summer. // Dress: Vero Moda - Una Hi-Low Dress, $70 / Belt: Forever 21 - Double Buckle Belt, $7 / Sandals: Zara - Sandal with Metal Detail, $60
3. I chose red rose earrings because of the constant images of the red flowers throughout the game, as well as a bright blue leather bracelet to tie in the patriotic feeling. // Earrings: Brooks Brothers - Rose Stud Earrings, $29 / Bracelet: Shopbop - Gorjana Graham Leather Bracelet, $75
4. You know it wouldn’t be a Fourth of July outfit without an American flag. This bag brings it in with a unique flair. // Bag: Pacsun - Kirra Americana bag, $33
You might have remembered seeing this video on your dashboard a few weeks ago and are wondering, why on earth is it on here again?!
Well let me tell you. I submitted this video to the Geek & Sundry Vlogging contest and have made it into the first round!! Basically, Geek & Sundry will choose 10 vloggers to regularly produce content for their channel. I would love to be one of those ten, focusing on gaming fashion. I believe I’d be a great fit with the type of community Geek & Sundry have built up and am so excited for the opportunity.
Here’s where you come in. I need your votes to move on to the next round. You can vote once per day (on multiple devices) here: http://geekandsundry/vlogger/amanda-mcginnis . The voting period runs today until the 27th.
Let’s say you vote every day on multiple devices and still want to help more - You can share this link within your social media, friends, coworkers, family…any one you think would appreciate what Console to Closet does! I need your support to progress in this competition and I’m super grateful for having such an amazing community behind me. Please help me out and let’s get Console to Closet on Geek & Sundry!!!
While you’re voting, you should also extend a vote to two other amazing Tumblr Gaming blogs. Kaitlin Stewart, from PwnLove, is running with her vlog on the world of gaming merch and Mitch Hutts, from The Drunken Moogle, is showcasing how to create his drinks IRL. Definitely check both videos out and feel free to vote for all 3 of us! We’d love if we made it to the top ten and could represent the gaming Tumblr community!
Inspired by Big Daddy from Bioshock
Jacket: Orvis - Saper Jacket, $430 / Top: Zadig & Voltaire - Shirt Tribal Man, $260 / T-shirt: Zalando - Alternative Apparel, $46 / Jeans: Levi Jeans, $120 / Shoes: Neiman Marcus - Cole Haan Oxford, $120 / Watch: John Lewis - Oris Watch
*This post is the old way because I didn’t have time to change it yet!*
I decided to put together a quick little C2C Vlog going over how to create an Elizabeth inspired outfit from Bioshock Infinite. Give it a watch and let me know what you think! I’d love to hear from you if this is something you’d like to see more of in the future.
Inspired by Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite
I couldn’t choose which style to do, so I did both!
Modern Vintage: Top: Dorothy Perkins - Laser Cut Flowers Top, $58 / Skirt: Zalando - Mini Skirt, $45 / Shoes: Boohoo Mia Nude Suedette Wedges, $50 / Bracelet: Oasis - Flower Stretch Bracelet, $22 / Necklace: Amazon - Crystal Studded Cameo, $12
Classic Preppy: Top: Tilly’s - Full Tilt Tie Front Top, $28 / Zalando - Pleated Skirt, $220 / Shopbop - Michael Kors Odell Ballet Flat, $185 / Ebay - Stainless Steel Heart Key Pendant, $25 / Nelly - Bird Bracelet, $20
Outfit inspired by Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
I wanted to replicate the vintage style of the game through a longer cut skirt. The shirt is reminiscent of Elizabeth’s first outfit with the front tie. I also chose a cameo necklace to add more of a vintage splash and bird earrings as a nod to Song Bird.
Skirt: Forever 21, Top: Marshalls, Necklace: Vintage Stone, Earrings: Lucky Brand, Bracelets: Forever 21
Style Advice: When wearing a front tie top, be sure to tie up the top before you button it. The buttons secure the tie from coming undone and keep it positioned nicely.
Since there’s no new outfit today (I apologize - I’m super swamped with my last exam coming up on Wednesday), I thought I’d still give you a gaming inspired outfit! This one is inspired by Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and put together by me in real life! I’m starting to do more and more inspired outfits in my daily attire and figured I’d share the best ones on here periodically.
This outfit is inspired by the Splicers from Bioshock. You may remember I did a woman’s outfit inspired by the Splicers a while back, but I thought it would be cool to do a guy look inspired by the character. I wanted to do an outfit that was both retro and a little mix matched - similar to the Splicer outfits. I picked brown pants, a plaid shirt and a grey vest. I also found cool “vintage” glasses and a retro looking watch. Lastly, I chose a camera phone case that makes your tech look vintage and is a little reference to the photography aspect of the game. (Reference Image)
Let’s skip the blood, creepy masks, and weapons - This is my 50’s outfit inspired by the Splicers of Bioshock. (Reference Image)