Animal Crossing Inspired Outfit
Here’s the outfit details from my guest vlog with Geek & Sundry! I wanted this outfit to show off the bright colors and cute characters of Animal Crossing and be perfect for summer. I chose a bug printed shirt as my main inspiration (because it’s so adorable!) and paired that with simple white shorts and quirky accessories.
Check out the full vlog here:
Get the look! | Get the game!
Geek Nail Wraps from Espionage Cosmetics
Espionage Cosmetics has just begun their Nailed It! Level 2 Kickstarter, releasing a huge lineup of geeky nail wraps. I picked out a few of my favorites and here’s what gaming inspired look I’d wear with them…
1. Galaxy Wavelength - These galaxy nail wraps have a retro sci-fi feel to them, I’d wear them with an outfit inspired by Mass Effect, Star Fox, or FTL.
2. Patriotic - These flag nail wraps would be perfect for an outfit inspired by Duke Nukem, Bioshock Infinite, or Assassin’s Creed 3.
3. Mermaid - I love the beautiful print on these nail wraps and would totally wear them with an outfit inspired by Pokemon Water Types, Mass Effect Asaris, or Skylanders.
Go support their kickstarter and while you’re at it, check out the rest of their line - it’s amazing, I actually did a makeup challenge using some of their products here.
Inspired by Blathers from Animal Crossing
I absolutely love the cute look of Animal Crossing and wanted to bring that into a summer outfit that could transition to fall. I chose lots of owl accessories and neutral colors to really resemble Blathers.
Style Tip: To transition summer dresses to fall, pair with a light cardigan and tights. As it gets colder, you can even add an infinity scarf and boots.
1. I found this perfect vintage-cut, bird printed dress and paired it with a light brown crochet cardigan. I feel like Blathers knows how to crochet. // Dress: Dorothy Perkins - Cream Belted Bird Dress, $38 / Sweater: Matalan - Crochet Cardigan, $20
2. I chose an owl ring and a bone bracelet as a nod to the museum and the fossils Blathers collects. // Ring: Accessorize - Oscar Owl Ring, $23 / Bracelet: Bottica - Double Bone Bracelet, $152
3. These owl loafers are absolutely perfect. That is all. // Shoes: Zara - Owl Moccasin, $50
4. I wanted to bring in some light pink into the outfit like Blathers’ rosy cheeks and I found this ladylike bag, complete with owl decor. // Purse: Asos - Tassel Bowler Bag, $60
THROWBACK THURSDAY! (Originally posted Aug. 2013)
This is a throwback and a hint for tomorrow’s gaming inspired outfit video!! Any guesses? Don’t forget to check out C2C’s archive in case you’ve missed some of our 500+ outfits :)
Super Mutant (Fallout 3) Inspired Outfit
After visiting DC for my honeymoon, I can’t stop thinking about Fallout! I wanted this outfit to have some retro and feminine pieces contrasted with lots of leather and tough accessories. I chose a floral printed dress to bring in that retro look, but the colors reflect the mutant’s skin tones. I also chose a dark olive leather vest and ankle boots that add some biker elements to the look. Lastly, I chose studs, skulls, and spikes for the jewelry!
For more about my honeymoon, watch my latest vlog on the Console to Closet YouTube channel!
Get the look! / Get the game!